tires

I have a 2kgt and im about to buy tires. Im looking at the eagle f1 gsd3's. I want to get 315\35\17 for the rear and 275\40\17 for the front, my rims are 10.5 and 9. Im trying to find out if anybody has tires this wide on a later model mustang wthout altering the car any. Dont want to buy the wheels then find out they rub.

Thanks John

Reply to
John McDermott

Sorry, can't help you with those rears. (*that* oughta fill those wheelwells) :)

You should be fine with the fronts though. I've run 275\35\18 on the front of a

2kGT and an '03 Cobra. It'll be close, and you may rub a splash guard at full lock. My '00GT was lowered approximately 1" and rubbed a splash guard on the drivers side (at full lock only), easily corrected. I run a 9.5" Ford rim.

-- John C. '03 Cobra Convt.

Reply to
John C.

Hey John...

I have 245 40 ZR18's in the front of my Cobra... and 275 35 ZR18's in the rear.

I have only RARELY noticed a rub in the front and it happens when I hut a bump on a very sharp turn, say a dip while turning around in a parking lot. As far as everyday driving, never a problem. I have seen some Mustangs with your body style running 20" wheels... so something must be working.

I will give you this word of advice on having two different tire sizes. You cannot rotate them. Now this may not seem like a big deal to you but it really can be. Call it the voice of experience. I said "Awww... I don't care" Well, when the fronts start to wear a little you can feel it. When they wear a little more they begin to vibrate Ordinarily anything that vibrates can be fun if you let it but NOT on your car because it worries you to pieces hoping that it's only the tires.

Then you get stuck out in the middle of the USA in a place where you don't know a soul and have to order two front tires and let the Appalachian dog sled team put them on your car. These guys are great with sleds, but don't have a clue concerning your Mustang and what they don't break, they will shit on.

So by all means, get the same size front and back. They are not noticeably different when you look at the car anyway and will save you tons of trouble in the end.

After this set of mine wears out I'm putting the same size on both ends.245

40 ZR18 - and this time I'm going back to Nitto 555's

OH OH OH>>> Fix the date on your computer! I am so sick of seeing your post at the top of the list I could just scream. Please don't post date your posts.. it's annoying as hell and people will block you so they don't have to look at your post for weeks on end. :o)

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top With a personal Touch... or two.
SVTKate

FWIW the 245/40/17 on 9" rims on my '94 will rub the lower control arm (but just barely) when hard locked left. Only occurs when backing out of my driveway.

Reply to
Richard