Heavy steering after tranny flush

1998 Legacy with 77K mi on it. Had the tranny flushed today at a local lube place and now the steering is "heavy" and shudders when in tight (severe) left and right turns. I can feel the shudder in the steering wheel. I checked the PS fluid and it is at the correct level. Now, this is my wife's car and she "didn't remember" any of these steering conditions prior to today's Tranny Flush. Can any of you shed some light on a possible cause of this "sudden" anomaly?

Thanks a zillion,

DJay

Reply to
DJay

I was having the same thing happen (but without having had the tranny flushed).

My transmission died after this was happening for a few months. The dealer said the binding was a sign of the transmission problem.

Is it possible the place screwed something up when they flushed the transmission? I might get this checked out (SOON) at a dealer or trusted transmission place. I have an '01 VDC, and since it was under an extended warranty, I had the dealer do the work.

dukephoto

Reply to
MDCORE

differential clutches a common Subaru problem. TG

Reply to
TG

I had a similar problem on my wife's '97 auto. OBW. No tranny flush though, just start the car, and the AT Engine Oil light would come on and blink 16 times quickly and then turn off.

Took it in to the dealer, and he said it was a transmission clutch duty solenoid that needed replacing. $960 later, problem seems to be solved, although I also had him replace brake pad, and now the car pulls to the right. He claims this was impossible, although I'm pretty certain that the car tracked true prior to their replacing the pads. Does this make sense, or could they have realistically screwed it up.

cheers, Greg

Reply to
Greg Ouzounian

Update:::

I put the FWD fuse in and the shuddering in tight turns stopped. I guess that means something in the transfer isn't working properly. CRAP! I didn't want to have to go to the dealer. Do any of you have any suggestions at all?

Thanks again

Reply to
DJay