Help! Overheating!

I have a 1986 Subaru GL-10 with the turbo. it overheated on me today. the gauge went up very fast, and i turned it off immediatly. I put some more coolant in, and i drove it a very short distance home, whick was about 7 minutes. it was perfect, and i did hear some gurgling along the way. i hope this is just a sticky thermostat? any other thoughts? thanks!

Reply to
cale

Bad thermostat, lack of coolant, plugged radiator, water pump bustimacated are all possibilities.

Dont' forget the ole trick of turning the heater on full blast to help dissipate engine heat in such emergency situations.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

You could try running it without the thermostat if it overheats again. Otherwise I have an 85 GL (not turbo) that had the radiator plugged up at 145k. It is easy to pull, and a radiator shop did flow test on it at no cost. It failed.l

Reply to
frwilbanks