Impreza hates 30 mph redux

Just got call back from Subaru of America. Rep sez this is "normal for this vehicle" at this time. So. Anybody with the same problem, pleez give Subaru of America a call. If they get enough complaints, maybe they'll fix it. car bucks badly on flat or downhill with light pressure on accel. pedal.

Reply to
New 2 Soob

Sorry to hear that.

Does it do the bucking near or at shift point?

People say its an ECU related problem, but since you have no fix, I would try adding a shift improver fluid to the transmission. I have been using synthetic ATF Mobil1 and have noticed that mixing it with a quart of regular ATF makes the tranny shift a bit smoother.

In my 2000 Impreza there is (also since new) something of a buck, it happens at low speeds around 25 mph but usually after a long high-speed drive, when I slow down. It may be a milder variant of the same thing you are experiencing.

M.J.

Reply to
M.J.

Interesting, do you have a 2007 Imprezza?

My 2007 Imprezza hesitates and bucks between 2500-3000 rpm with light pressure on the gas pedal. I was told by SoA this is normal for "drive-by-wire" systems.

My dealer told me that the Forrester had the same problem and SoA finally came up with a software fix. If you search the web, you will find lots of complaints about the same problem in Imprezza's from 1999 on. It appears that SoA issues fixes every now and again

Skibum

Reply to
Skibum

thanks. Yup - 2007 Imprezza. Will check web for fix, but hesitant to do anything aftermarket till the Warr. wears out. Not enough of a problem to hate the car, but sure an annoyance.

Reply to
New 2 Soob

My Imprezza was my 10th Subie. I complained to SoA and my regional Service manager about the hesitation. The regional Service manager talked to SoA and they bought the Imprezza back (paid $17200 and SoA gave me $16000 w/6500 miles driven) and I just bought a new OB at Dealer cost.

I am totally impressed by SoA willingness to keep their customers happy

skibum

Reply to
Skibum