My new 2006 Forester

I'm still working out the seat position--it's different for my winter boots than for my sneakers. There are bells and whistles on a 2006 base
model that weren't on a 1990 base model. There are some definite nifty things: heat, having a conversation with my daughter without raising my voice, cup holders that hold 20 oz bottles.
But my favorite thing?
I put the key in the ignition, press down on the clutch, turn the key, and the car starts. Every time. It is So Cool.
Morgan

Give it 12 months or 12,000 miles and see if it still does that......
Mortimer Schnurd wrote:

This simple procedure still works on my 2005 Forester at 14 months. I got 31 mpg freeway up I5 in California. Enjoy your Forester and remember to smile at the SUV owners at the gas station.
speednxs wrote:

The same procedure still works on my 1998 Forester after 8 years and 237,000 miles. {:-)
Ditto for my 2003 Baja w/ 75,000 miles.
Enjoy your Forester, they're great. You'll also like the storage - you'll still be discovering little nooks & compartments a year from now. :o)
speednxs wrote:

Mortimer Schnurd is an alias for one of the biggest trolls on usenet. Chuck.K. Look him up on google. The guy's whole life is dedicated to trolling news groups. If he wasn't such a jerkoff you would almost feel sorry for him.
sudden drop in gas mileage on my 2001 forester, from 24 to 20 mpg. Any suggestions? Could new tires have done this?

hjmcmaster wrote:

Not tires unless they are EXTREMELY different from stock. Any other work/maintainance done latley? Check Engine Light (CEL) on? If not, likely a sensor has gotten lazy and is throwing off the air/fuel ratio. Engine Temp Sensor or O2 sensor or something. The mechanic should have tests for those.
Condition? Mileage? History?
Carl
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Enjoy your '06..I have the '06 LLB model and just love it. It's my 2nd Forester; the first was a 98 that I had for 150,000+. It happened to start every time I turned the key....
In this house, it's great for hauling golf clubs, Scottish terriers and various and other assorted stuff.
I am very pleased with the quality of the materials used in this model. Hope to get the same 150,000 mi + that I did on the first one. Additionally, as a nice touch, Subaru sent a very nice LLBean canvas tote bag as premium shortly after my purchase. Great car.
D.
We got the tote when we bought our 04 OWB LLBean. It comes in very handy. We leave it in the back fixed up with a bungee cord so it doesn't roll around. It's a great organizer for all of those little things. Frees up the cargo net for groceries.

and
Hope

Site Timeline