Re: 99 Outback Trans question

I just wanted to follow-up on this. Last weekend I flushed the trans fluid in my 99 OB. The procedure worked great. The fluid that came out was pretty dark, obviously overdue for changing. I picked up a clear tube from HomeDepot, $2 for 10 feet, which made it easier to see the fluid get clean and red. BTW, it took about two full minutes to flush out 10 quarts. Walmart had a marked bucket for $2, but the marks are off...says qts but it's probably liters. :-)

I also hit the fill limit at about 9.5 qts. I had to start the flush before any more fluid would fit. I used a synthetic blend, being a cheapskate. The new fluid didn't fix the rough 1-2 shift when cold, but it makes me feel better anyway. I just have to cross my fingers that the beast lasts four more years.

Whoever Brian is, thanks, dude.

-John O

> I had very rough shifting in my 97 Outback until I flushed my tranny using > > "Brian Fistler's" (sp?) method. I used Mobile 1 synthetic ATF. >
Reply to
John O