Re: Anti lift brackets???

Thanks for the explanation. I assume you have experience using it and feel it is an improvement to the suspension geometry? Are there any drawbacks aside from the possable added noise from the firmer bushing?

> Can anyone comment on these? I have had my Forester about a week and I > > notice quite a bit of front end lift under throttle. This is especially > > troubling while cornering. I first thought it was due to a shorter > > wheelbase and taller ride height. Then I saw the anti-lift brackets from > > Whiteline. My understanding is that with any suspension set up there are > > compromises. What will suffer if these are installed? > > > > Anyone with experience with this mod? > > > > Thanks, > > > > Brian > > > brian, > > the anti lift kit is a bit of a misnomer. it does not actually give > you more anti-lift. it DOES address the anti lift geometry of the > front suspension, which is why they originally called it the ALK, but > that's it. > > what it ACTUALLY does is eliminate any anti-lift AND anti-dive > characteristics of the front end. in other words, it actually makes > the front end softer. this is a good thing in that it ends up making > the downward force more even... instead of lifting and spinning the > inside front tire when accelerating out of a curve, it keeps it more > solidly planted. > > it will also increase caster from 0.5 to 1.0 degrees. this gives the > steering wheel more "weight" and self-centering action. it has the > addional benefit of creating more dynamic camber, leading to greater > adhesion in corners. the bushing is the final improvement--being > stiffer than stock it allows the front end to keep a more stable > alignment when under heavy cornering loads. > > hth > ken
Reply to
Brian

hey brian,

check out this thread on nasioc. i made the last submission with my review:

hth ken

Reply to
Ken Gilbert