RE: brakepads and rotors

Ok, Todd, I'll take your advice and do that! Seems a lot simpler, too %-) Can you someone tell me which Subie online parts supplier has the best prices & service?

There are so many...

"number 9" writes: > > > Hi! > > > > My '03 Forester has 55k on the clock. > > It has not been abused. > > > > I hear little highpitch noises; - they > > seem to be happening intermittently. > > I'm very hard of hearing, so I can't hear > > anything when I'm not driving. Any > > tire and brake places claim I'm due for > > both pads and rotors work (4W D/B). > > At that mileage, they're right. > > > My '84 Bimmer has a warning light > > for these problems, but how do I know > > on a Subaru? > > Audible indicators on the pads that make the noise you describe, and a > visual inspection. When you go to the brake place ask them to show > you the pads. You'll see how little it left on them. > > > What milage should I expect for pads, > > and what brands do you suggest. I've > > looked at Tire Rack... Still clueless ;((( > > > > Your help will be muchly appreciated! > > > > TIA. Just me... > > > For brake pads, my experience has been that screwing around with > aftermarket isn't worth it. For whatever reasons unless you go with > premium ceramic pads and matching brand rotors, you end up with > problems. You dont' really save any money vs Subaru OEM pads/rotors > given how the aftermarket ones tend to wear and how much premium > aftermarket stuff costs. > > > > -- > -- > Todd H. > 2001 Legacy Outback Wagon, 2.5L H-4 > Chicago, Illinois USA
Reply to
number 9

Just checked out 1stSubaru, - $510 for all around !!!

Reply to
number 9