Re: failing viscous coupling

in my '95 impreza the viscous coupling is not slipping sufficiently.

> it feels like a locked center differential in my toyota pickup. it's > an $1800 dealer repair. is there any way to disconnect the rear > wheels from the transmission to render the car 2WD and drive it for > another few years? >

When the rear U joint on my rust bucket '86 wagon went bad I just removed the rear drive shaft. The wagon had the Hi/Lo shiftable 4wd though. Is the '95 full time AWD?

Later, Joe

Reply to
Joe Kultgen

part of the problem is that there's no established testing procedure for the VC unit. let's try to fix that:

ken gilbert

Reply to
Ken Gilbert