It may be "well documented" somewhere, but not on NASIOC, the world's largest Impreza owner's forum, that's for sure.

Reply to
CompUser

On 2006-06-06, kaboom penned:

Yeah, I dunno. I don't remember it being a problem in the first few months. It's a little over two years now and a little over 30K miles.

Believe me, I tried. I couldn't drown out these noises at any volume I could stand -- and I can stand my music to be pretty loud!

Can't say that I have. I don't recall how often we've taken my car on extended trips, though, and usually I plug in my iPod via one of those FM/charger thingies.

I guess you could make a bigger stink about it. My dealership did all sorts of things, including having the service manager ride with me while I drove. He wore this funky headphone/mic setup that allowed him to listen to very specific places in the dash. I also got a loaner for a week whle they fiddled with the car. It was the coldest week of the winter, and the brand new Outback they loaned me had heated seats (which I foolishly didn't get for my WRX), so I can't say I minded.

Reply to
Monique Y. Mudama

Mine is just slightly off. I'm not sure its bad as the rest seems perfect.

Cheers.

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

I can't explain why, I have no idea what the connection is. That's what I'm looking for here. It doesn't seem quite right but as I said, its not a terrible thing, its just slightly less than perfect. I wish it ran like a sewing machine, but maybe it won't.

thanks for the opinion.

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn