Slight hesitation when lightly accelerating between 1500-2000 RPM?

There is no Check Engine Light warning about this, and it only happens in a limited range between 1500 to 2000 RPM. But unfortunately the narrow range happens to be a very commonly used range in low-speed city driving situations. So without a CEL warning, it would seem to me that whatever is causing this is not serious enough to trigger a warning from the engine computer. What could possibly be causing this? Transmission slip, intake manifold vacuum leak, dirty throttle body, plugs or leads, etc.?

Car: 2008 Tribeca, 3.6L, auto.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

wonder if your car has the older style throttle pedal assembly. The first few drive-by-wire pedal assemblies can go bad - sometimes even putting the car into 'limp' mode.

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

Op 22-6-2018 om 22:48 schreef Yousuf Khan:

The 2.0 L has the same quirk. My dealer told me it was the variable valve-timing. Once really warmed through, it's usually gone.

Gerard

2011 Forester manual H/L with 2.O L Non turbo
Reply to
Gerard