Subaru phase II engine weights

I can find quite a quite a lot of information on the internet about the weights of older Subaru engines - although it's not always clear what's included - but nothing on current/newer engines. Does anyone have good figures for "phase engines" or comparisons between different types, e.g. sohc v. dohc, 2.5 v. 2.0, normally aspirated v. turbo? I'm more interested in low weight than in maximum power/torque.

Thanks, Tony

Reply to
tonyfoord

Hi Tony,

Turbo motor is heavier than the N.A. versions as the plumbing weights alot more. 2.5L is essentially same as 2.0 L just bigger bores. I'd stroke a

2.5L to a 2.8 L to maximise a N.A. engine. Phase II 2.5L was SOHC instead of DOHC and stronger block. (more material around cylinders so you don't blow head gaskets all the time).

Greg

Reply to
Greg

Tony, Mykal Tempelton runs Stratus Subaru and may have that info for you. Check out the Stratus Subaru web site:

Rex Avid Flyer with Stratus Subaru EA81

Reply to
trex