Tranny Problems 95 Legacy

I'm posting this for my wife's coworker who has a 95 Legacy Wagon RHD mail vehicle with 130k miles and a blown auto trans. He had the trans replaced by Subaru at 90k miles. One thought about why would this trans go out 40 k miles later is that maybe it was a rebuilt unit. He does use it on a rural mail route which is probably hard on a trans. The owner says he's priced a new trans for $6000, and that nobody seems to be able to rebuild it, except maybe someone in Indiana. Any ideas on how to help this guy.

TIA, Gregg

Reply to
G.R. Aydelotte

I ran a '95 on a mail route...the trans went out under warranty at 60,000 miles before it ever saw the route. Then I drove it on my route for a few years and about 250,000 miles with over 5oo stops per day...no problems. Used low mileage units are imported from Japan and made available here very affordably. Do a Google search, here are just a couple. TG

TG