Tyre Choice

Looking to replace the Yokohama Geolander 900's on my 05 OBW after only 32k klms. (Australian conditions) .Not impressed at all with this type mileage. Anyway, looking at a set of Michelin 55 Series Energy MXV8's. Does anybody have any experience with this type of tyre?

A dealer told me that he considered the Geolander compound was way too soft for the AWD application of the Outback and thus the quick wear.

Thanks.

Reply to
Phil

Replaced mine with Yokohama's C:Drive 215/16/60's excellent tyre with great handeling and wear.

Bob janes a good plac to start.

HTH

Reply to
sarahs choice

A few months back I purchased a set of Goodyear TripleTreds. Absolutely love them, although I did see a very slight drop in fuel economy (maybe due to the more agressive tread design).

Reply to
ruzicka4613

Triple Treds aren't sold in Australia.

Reply to
sarahs choice

Could they be ordered online, say from somepleace like

This is a pretty good site. It even has anice and comprehensive rating/review system for all sorts of tires

ruzicka4613

Could they be ordered online, say from someplace like

This is a pretty good site. It even has anice and comprehensive rating/review system for all sorts of tires

ruzicka4613

Are you sure that Tirerack, an American company, operates in Australia?

Have you ever considered the fact the this news Group is a world wide group, read by people around the world?

Nope, I didn't think so.

Reply to
sarahs choice

Hmmm....Are YOU sure that Tirerack, an American company, does NOT ship to Australia?

Have YOU ever considered the fact that not everyone using this news Group is as stupid as you seem to think they are?

Nope, I didn't think so.

Fact is, I called Tirerack to check, and they actually DO ship internationally. The process is a bit longer and more cumbersome than a North American order, but it is possible, without any doubt, to order Goodyear TripleTreds from a company like Tirerack and have them shipped to Australia. The shipping cost might make them too expensive for what the original poster wants...I have no idea on that score.

Not trying to start some kind of flame war here, but there is certainly no reason to act in such an arrogant and cavalier fashion to someone who was just trying to give honest advice and help to the original poster.

Reply to
ruzicka4613

"..I have no idea on that score." really illustrates your centric view of the world.

Clearly people in Australia would order their tyres locally, not from the USA.

The fact is that you assumed that this ng is USA based when in fact its a world wide group.

The original poster said he was in Australia so any responses would need to be Australian based.

I'm sorry you wasted your time ringing Tirerack and sending a silly response.

hth

Reply to
sarahs choice

sarahs choice wrote in news:449b1654$0$25099 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.optusnet.com.au:

Actually tirerack is a great shopping resource even if your buying is limited by what local stores have in stock. You may not be able to buy the top choice for your application but more often than not you can see how the tires you can get stack up against the competition.

Later, Joe

Reply to
Joe Kultgen

I agree, certainly in the North American marketplace they're very competitive with their tyre prices and and alloy wheel packages.

Reply to
sarahs choice

Thanks people, for the input. I think the cost of importing Triple Treds would not be worth it and I'll probably go with the Michelins I mentioned first up. But, I do appreciate all your efforts, thanks. FYI, I own a small Kubota tractor, and I do import filters etc for it from the USA as it is way cheaper than here in Australia, even after shipping costs.

Reply to
Phil

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to Americans. Why? I have no idea.

The fact is, I never assumed that this newsgroup was USA based. Not once.

Why you think that someone in Australia should only purchase things IN Australia seems a bit bizarre as well.

The fact is that Tirerack does ship to Australia. You were wrong on that. It is a good, reliable and informative tire company, regardless of where it is based. Whether or not the original poster can get a good deal from Tirerack remains to be seen. Neither YOU, nor I, will probably find out unless the original poster decides to look into it.

Since I, as well as one or two other posters here are actually trying to help the original poster, while all you seem to do is go after Americans with incorrect facts, maybe you should just go elsewhere. Do you exhibit this odd behavior on other newsgroups?

So what say we simply let the original poster try to get his/her tires now, whether they be from an Autralian or American company.

Reply to
ruzicka4613

sigh...

Reply to