Underbelly Pan

I have an 02 Legacy Outback w/ the 2.5l engine. Does anyone with a similar vehicle have a plastic underbelly pan for the engine? I though it strange that since new I haven't had one, but after crawling around replacing a reverse light switch I found what looks like the connectors for one.

If I am supposed to have one, I would assume it got "lost" during an early service call with the car, and it would explain the odd electrical issues that seem to crop up. For example, multiple O2 sensors, reverse light switch, and horn. Lastly, if it appears that I am supposed to have one what the normal cost might be?

Thx,

-Kurt

Reply to
Kurt C. Hack

There is suppose to be an "Under Cover" for your vehicle. Subaru said it is for aerodynamics, cooling and road stuff protection. I have heard that some lazy service people leave them off because it is too much work. If they leave mine off then the will be a short discussion with the dealer management and the original or a new one will be installed.

Reply to
Edward Hayes