Where is seatbelt bolt?

Hello, How do I get to the seat belt bolts for the rear passenger (side, not center) belt in a 2001 Outback? It looks like I have to remove several parts before I can remove the part that the three point belt goes into behind the seat. Any idea what torque is required to put it back on? Do I need a torque wrench?

thanks, glycine

Reply to
glycine

I will assume it is an Outback Station Wagon.

From the service manual:

Torque for all bolts except the ones holding the center shoulder belt retractor is 22 ft-lb. The center shoulder belt bolt torque is 39.

To gain access to the shoulder belt bolts (for the side shoulder belt), you need to remove the rear quarter trim, the rear quarter upper trim.

To gain access to the shoulder belt bolts (for the center shoulder belt), you need to remove the luggage room light, remove the rear "mole" of right side, remove screws and clips of the rear quarter lower trim, remove the rear quarter upper trim, remove real rail trim, remove the trim cover where the belt comes out, remove clips and hang down rear end of roof trim.

Good luck!

glyc> Hello,

Reply to
AS