Whistling Noise from Roof of 2000 Outback Ltd.

On the highway, traveling 65-70 mph, in a crosswind moving from the passenger side to the driver's side, I intermittently experience a very loud and startling raspy whistling noise (Similar to blowing on the edge of a blade of grass held between my two thumbs). Has anyone else encountered this? How did you fix?

Reply to
David Crist

remove the blade of grass

(real helpful bunch, aren't we :-)

-- Dominic Richens | snipped-for-privacy@alumni.uottawa.ca "If you're not *outraged*, you're not paying attention!"

Reply to
Dominic Richens

I describe the noise as a demented kazoo amplified thru a PA system. It happens in exactly the same situation you describe. At 54,000 miles it is still there, but thankfully the conditions that produce it are infrequent. I have removed all rack components with no change in the noise. If anyone finds a fix, I sure would like to know of it.

Greg in IN

2000 OBW Ltd

remove obvious to reply

Reply to