Why flush brake system?

s/hydro/hygro/

Reply to
Mark Olson

Colorants are used in antifreeze fluids helps differentiate the chemistry in them.

Yes, you can go by color. The Subaru owners manual indicates the use of Glycol based antifreeze,

50/50 with soft water. There are no other indications in the engine compartment.

All 3 types of antifreeze fluids, produced by Valvoline under the Zerex brand, with or without silicates and phosphates are glycol based. One is green, a second one is orange (OAT technology) and the other one is clear (HOAT technology).

Since my car came with the green antifreeze from the factory, I will continue to use the Zerex I mentioned in my initial post, the same used by Nissan.

snipped-for-privacy@x.files wrote:

Reply to
AS

OK - I'm sorry but I found the typo there hysterical; >>>>>Subaru radiator coolant is a phosphate, non-anime kind made for aluminum radiators and engines and is the only type that should be used.

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Hi,

'Tis funny! Wonder how many people caught it? :D

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

I didn't Ed

Reply to
Edward Hayes

The ones in my '71 Jag were flushed once in '86. So far, so good.

Al

Reply to
Al