1457 P Code 1999 Honda Accord

I have a 1999 Honda Accord with an emissions P-Code 1457 which AllData says is a vacuum leak or faulty solinoid at the rear area around the vapor canister. I ran all the tests and am still having difficulty finding an answer. Has anyone ever had this problem? Thanks

Reply to
grant.logsdon

snipped-for-privacy@kctcs.edu wrote in news:38ea1f79-350f-4fd2-8d1d-0e11c7881890 @k2g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

So many people have had this problem that Honda has issued several TSBs about the matter. The EVAP canister and its solenoids are under the car, and are highly susceptible to damage from moisture and salt. The bypass solenoid is particularly prone to problems.

Go to your local dealer and get a printout of TSBs 02-007 and 03-001.

Or you can go here:

Login with username lib and password access Choose Auto Repair Reference Center from the menu at left. Navigate to your car. The TSBs are there.

And you may have better luck Googling if you express the code correctly, as P1457, not as "P-code 1457".

Reply to
Tegger