Ford enacts new rule I think its great

Drive a Ford product or park across the street. I think its great. GM needs to do same.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

and this plant manager drives what??

Reply to
invalid unparseable

If I were a gambling man I would say a Lincoln Navigator, or Lincoln Mark LT Blackwood edition.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Yeah, probably with his 22" spinner wheels and personal DVD/TVs in each headrest...

Nice way to piss off your workers....

Reply to
invalid unparseable

how about ford makes a quality product at a reasonable price and stands behind it. and the unions get reasonable about pay and benefits?

Reply to
deputystoneman

Actually, it's not a new rule. I worked at the Wayne Assembly Plant in Michigan from 1969 to 1975, and the Ford drivers were allowed to enter through the closer gates, and the non-Ford drivers had to park all the way in the back lot. It was slightly less than 1/8 mile from that lot to the entrance. That's a long damn way when it's -5 and the wind is blowing at

25MPH.

SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom" <sc

== Now that's free country LOL

Reply to
lurker

"deputystoneman" snipped-for-privacy@nothing.com wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkabouttrucks.com...

Just what do think is reasonable? How much less are you willing to do the same job for?

On the quality issue, I think I've owned some of the supposed worst vehicles ever built. I had a 1973 Ford Pinto Wagon, baby blue, bought used in desperate times for $50, done in trade for labor to get the clutch on a German speced 1964 Mercedes Benz that a GI brought back from Germany working for a used car dealer back in 84. I beat that car unmercifully. The kid who owned it before had packed bondo around the roof rack to stop it from leaking, don't have to tell you what that accomplished. I took it off, aluminum duct taped the holes as big as grape fruit, a layer of fiberglass and two spray cans for white rustolem paint. I used it as a junk yard runner for side jobs done in the driveway hauled more than a few engines in her, fishing car, and daily work vehicle. I towed a 75 caddy sedan deville 30 miles on a tow rope behind it on I-75 in Florida at 50 mph. I used to run logging roads in the national forest in Ocala with it to get to fishing holes. The floor boards went to hell in it, and my patch only slowed down the roof rot, but she was still running when she went to the salvage yard, and little 2.0 liter had almost 300,000 miles on her, the valve guides were leaking fierce, Kendal GT70 weight slowed it down. I learned that you had to shift out of first on the auto at no more than 42mph, or a valve in the tranny would open and she'd go to neutral until the rpms would drop. and that's how I drove her for five years. Friends said when she shifted to second the stainless steel whip antenna on the back bumper would all most kiss the pavement. She was a hard running car, and sometimes I miss her. I put a few timing belts on her, a water pump, two alternators, one starter. I was going to chop the wagon area of the roof off, move the tailgate foreword and wield it in for a little Pinchero, play on Pinto and Ranchero. But she was vandalized, all the glass smashed out of her while sitting a buddy's garage in large, along with 42 other calls at his lot and the dealership next door while we were at the drag races with his car. I figured it was a sign.

But I digress service bulletins and recalls 2005 models

2005 Toyota camry line had 25 , 1 recall for navigation system Acura's flag ship 3.5RL had 27, 3 recalls acura 3.2TL 24, 1 recall faulty fuse boxes Honda Accord 2.4 ltr 42, 2 safety recalls, fuse box and side air bags Honda Accord 3.0 same as above Lexus SC430 15 , no recalls The same year Crown Vic had 20 service bulletins, no recalls The focus, had 27, 1 a recall, for an emissions sticker The 500 2wd had 15 no recalls the 500 AWD had 15 as well no recalls the Taurus had 18, no recalls

All info from AllData. so fords cheapest had as many total as Acura's flag ship, but 2 less recalls, the rest of the ford line was under all the so called great ones from Japan, with the exception of the Lexus.

amazing, and yet we never hear about the rice rockets recalls in the news, just the American Big two, GM and Ford. why didn't we hear about all the ball joint failures Toyota was having? why didn't we hear bout the rear axle hubs failing on toyotas in the late 90's early 2000's? What happened to the Toyota Vans from the late 80's early 90's? why weren't we hearing about all the vehicle fires with them? Why wasn't the news all over Honda with its control arm failures in the late 90's early 2000's? I wonder why that is?

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Too late.....

Reply to
Joe

That's what I thought. So it's basically a non-issue.

Reply to
Joe
[snip]

Don't forget about all the 3.0L Toyota V6s eating head gaskets...

Reply to
invalid unparseable