17" wide rear view mirror ?

Just bumped into a site that sells a 17" panoramic rear view mirror that is attached onto an existing mirror in the vehicle ?

looksl like it covers a very wide angle , with minimal distortion... did anybody had experience with this kind of mirrors ? The product description is in this link

Thanks Shoreshim

Reply to
shorashim

Whether you will find it useful or not depends entirely on the configuration of your car. I have had a couple of these kinds of mirrors and found them very useful in traffic, but had to give them up when I got a different car. It all depends on where the car's roof pillars and windows are. In some cases you get a panoramic view of the road behind you, in others a nice panoramic view of the inside of your car.

Reply to
John Ings

I wouldn't buy it simply because it does distort the image and makes it difficult to gauge distance. Way back when you could buy a really wide set of rear view mirrors. It was about 5 mirrors set in a row that would span the width of the car. They were all angled towards the driver and did not distort at all.

----------------- Alex __O _-\

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

Approximately 9/29/03 23:34, shorashim uttered for posterity:

How about you bump into a rock, you phony lying spammer that originally posted this as a question in two other groups.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Approximately 9/30/03 10:05, Alex Rodriguez uttered for posterity:

I wouldn't buy it simply because I refuse to deal with lying spammers.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

why did you feel a need to repost that spam?

Reply to
TCS

Approximately 9/30/03 14:06, TCS uttered for posterity:

Because you can't follow a thread worth squat. Someone else reposted the spam, which is inherently obvious to even the most challenged of observer... well almost so.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

I had one of these once. They are really great and all cars should come with them. I imagine that if you looked online you could find one.

Reply to
Childfree Scott

WINK brand, I think

still sells 'em

Reply to
Dave Helland

That's it. Yes I used ot have the 4 mirror version showed here:

Childfree Scott

I too had one and enjoyed it very much, as a spinal condition limits my head-turning range. Only 1 disadvantage: The pickup they were in had to have the sunvisors removed to install, and I am quite sunlight-intolerant!!! s

Reply to
sdlomi

|> WINK brand, I think

still sells 'em| | |That's it. Yes I used ot have the 4 mirror version showed here: | |
Take a look at Clear-View. This is a wide (up to 18") convex mirror that can directly replace the OE stick-on-the-windshield type. They are popular with the NASCAR boys, although they mount them more securely.. Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

I think the spammer's mirror will suffer from the same situation on the sunvisors, and the mirror will block the visors.

Reply to
D Lawrence