1987 Buick Park Avenue brake release lever,

Just got a phone call. Someone's brake release broke. The cable came loose at the unseen far end. The main thing is to undo the brake and drive the car back to the garage. A brief google search came up with nothing.

Any idea of whether there is a pawl under the hood I can poke with a stick?

Nils K. Hammer

Reply to
synthius2002

Under the dash on the P-Brake pedal assembly.

Reply to
Steve W.

Ya, my mistake was trying to search online, and getting peeved by the many useless robot responses. At least one of them, talking about something else , said "under the dashboard". I also thought for a moment about the "crrrk" noise, which is medieval technology "dog and pawl". So I stuck my head und er the dash and poked it with a stick. I told the owner we can restore it t o 100% original function, but I'll probably tie a parachute cord on it inst ead with a stick handle cut from a shrub.

Reply to
synthius2002

Excellent! You must have either grown up in a ghetto or on a farm.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

and on something that ancient/worthless, the fix is perfect.

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

It brings back memories of growing up on the farm. Baling wire to the rescue, literally.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX