1991 6 cyl Lumina how to install fuel filter

Gotten a lot of great help here before - hope can get a little instruction regarding installing a fuel filter my my 1991 Lumina (apprx. 120,000 miles).

A glance under the hood reminds me this isn't my 1973 Chevy.

Anyway, advice regarding location, tools and procedure for removing would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Bob

Reply to
Bob

What motor do you have?? 3.1 or 3.4? Is this the car or APV? Here is the info for a 3.1L for the Lumina car.

REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

Fig. 1: Location of the fuel filter

Fig. 2: Unfasten the retaining bracket can make removal of the fuel filter easier

Fig. 3: Either use a clean rag or compressed air to clean the surrounding areas of the filter

Fig. 4: Use a backup wrench to disconnect the fuel line fittings from the filter

Fig. 5: Disengage the quick-connect fittings, then remove the filter from the vehicle

Relieve the fuel system pressure. For details regarding this procedure, please refer to Section 5 of this manual. If not done already, disconnect the negative battery cable. Raise and safely support the vehicle. Clean both fuel feed pipe connections and the surrounding areas at the in-line fuel filter with a clean rag to avoid possible contamination of the fuel system. Using a backup wrench, remove the fuel line fittings from the fuel filter. Either separate the quick-connect fittings or remove the fuel filter mounting screws, then slide the fuel filter out of the mounting bracket. Discard the fuel line O-rings and replace with new ones during installation. To install:

Install new O-rings to the fuel line fittings. Connect the fuel lines to the fuel filter. Position the filter in the mounting bracket, in the same position it was during removal. Using a backup wrench, tighten the fuel lines to

16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm). Install the fuel filter mounting screws. Carefully lower the vehicle. Install or tighten the fuel filler cap. Connect the negative battery cable. Start the engine and check for leaks.
Reply to
m6onz5a