1992 Isuzu Pu'p High Idling

My 2.3 ltr engine is idling high and it just recently started doing this. I tried adjusting the throttle rest adjustment screw but it did nothing for it. I should note that the carburetor has had a moderate miss to it for some time now. I took the filter element and housing off and it still revs high. I checked for proper connections of all vaccum lines. I have an aftermarket air conditioner that was installed in 2000. The engine has

111,000 miles on it and does not smoke.

Can anyone offer some advice.

Thanks,

Ray

Reply to
Ray

The carburetor has a miss to it????

Likely a vacuum leak or a gummed up carb. Also check the choke to see if it is opening completely and check the high idle linkage.

Reply to
John S.

Thanks John, I'll look into your recomendations.

Ray

Reply to
Ray