1998 Isuzu 3.4 Crank Shaft

I pulled the motor on my 1998 Rodeo. I am going to remove the crank, but the manual says the Pistons must come out. I am sure it is obvious to most, but why is it that the heads and pistons must come out? It seems if you remove the mains and the rod caps the crank should come out without

removing the others....

I am sure I am missing the obvious. Will someone enlighten me.

Thanks

Reply to
bgreer5050

The pistons can stay in for this procedure, but I'm assuming you did a compression tesst already and all of the cylinders were in spec. Measure the rod bearing housings to make sure they are in spec, then you can do whatever you want to do with the crank.

JazzMan

Reply to
JazzMan