2 items

1: Why would a Honda Civic just crank away with a good battery, but not catch and fire up the motor?

2: What is the most painless way of changing a clutch plate in a Honda Civic? (Aside from finding a cousin to do it for free.....) Pull the motor? Pull the trans; leave the motor? Pull both?

3: Man I love Hondas............ At least these Civics didn't lock up the driver side magnetic door lock like it happened in the 89 Accord. Had to crawl in through the passenger side until I dumped the thing.
Reply to
PTS-EXPRESS

No spark - Broken timing belt - Crank or Cam position sensor. No gas - Fuel pump dead - Fuel filter plugged - Excessive water in tank that's now in injectors.

PTS-EXPRESS wrote:

Reply to
Mike Behnke

Don't forget it could be a bad ignition coil also. You could also be missing a ground somewhere but your starter is still grounded so it will crank just not fire. Test your ignition coil. Put an ohm meter on the coils and check their resistance. Find out the specs on it and then go from there.

Reply to
Matt Morton