2000 Mazda Protege ES: Cruise control just quit!!

all sudden my cruise control wont even
come on!!!
what thing should I check?
what could be wrong?
Sorry..... posting this in a hurry!
Reply to
me
I'd start with the fuse. Then maybe see if you can see the cruise control unit under the hood and check for a loose wire. It could be possible the button/switch went bad too.
Reply to
m6onz5a
I know the switch and relay are working as I can hear them when trying to activate the system...... however it just wont activate
I will check the fuse per your advice
Reply to
me
wrote:
Other common failures include the disabling switches on the brake pedal and the clutch pedal, and the associated wiring. Also, sometimes the contacts on the switch on the stalk fail. And the cable to the throttle has been known to break too. Start from the beginning with the meter and work your way through the wiring diagram until you get to the end. --scott
Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Site Timeline Threads