2001 Impala catalytic converter clogged

I had my Impala's catalytic converter clog up on me. When this happened it took out my Plenum, and a few other parts. GM will refusue to pay for anything other then the converter, however I was able to get my money back using other methods from GM. All $1400 in repairs GM's BIG mistake cost me, is now back in my pocket (don't bother asking how I did it got my money back from GM, GM should pay for it's faulty hardware taking out other compotents!!!!) also, I'm happy with my new Honda in the driveway.

This is the letter I and 1000's of others should of seen who own

2001 - 2005 Impala's. I understand this letter only pertains to my 3800 & 3400 Impalas from 2001, according to a recall website this TSB covers others.

I found my letter, dated September 2005 that I received from the central office of Chevrolet Motor Division. I hope this helps you out.

____________________________________________________________-

Dear Chevrolet Customer,

As the owner of a 2001 model year Chevrolet Impala, equipped with a

3.4L or 3.8L V6 engine, your satisfaction with our product is very important to us.

This letter is intended to make you aware that some 2001 model year Chevrolet Impala vehicles, equipped with a 3.4L or 3.8L V6 engine, may have a condition where the catalytic converter is replaced due to complaints of lack of power or illumination of the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL). This may be due to the front endcone insulation from the catalytic converter breaking away and blocking the front of the catalyst brick and preventing the free flow of exhaust gas through the converter.

THIS IS NOT A RECALL. Do not take your vehicle to your Chevrolet dealer as a result of this letter unless you believe that your vehicle has the condition as described above.

WHAT WE HAVE DONE: General Motors is providing owners with addtional protection for the Catalytic Converter. If this condition occurs on your 2001 Chevrolet Impala, equipped with a 3.4L or 3.8L V6 engine, within 10 years of the date your vehicle was originally placed in service or 120,000 miles (190,000 km), whichever occurs first, the condition will be repaired for you at no charge.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO: Repairs and adjustments qualifying under this special coverage must be performed by a General Motors dealer. You may want to call the service department at you dealer to find out how long they will need to have your vehicle so that you may schedule the appointment at a time that is convenient for you. This will allow your dealer to order parts if they are not already in stock. Keep this letter with your other important glove box literature for future reference.

REIMBURSEMENT: The enclosed form explains what reimbursement is available and how to request reimbursement if you have paid for repairs for the special policy condition.

If you have any questions or need any assistance, just contact your dealer or the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center between the hours of 8:00 AM and 11:00 PM, EST, Monday through Friday. They can be reached at 1.800.630.2438. The deaf, hearing impaired, or speech impaired should call Text Telephone (TTY), 1.800.833.2438.

We are sorry for any inconvenience you may experience; however we have taken this action in the interest of your continued satisfaction with our products.

General Motors Corporation

Reply to
Wildatom