1999 Grand Am Where is the Turn Signal/Hazard flasher?

I need to replace the flasher, but I can't find it. Thanks in advance for suggestions. BC

Reply to
Bill Clark

The relay is built into the four way flasher switch and has to be replaced as a unit. If it ends up you have to replace it yourself, send me an email and I'll give you directions.

#22642605 Switch, Hazard Wrng (W/Flasher) (1999-2000 Grand Am)

Involved are certain 1999-2002 Chevrolet Malibu, Oldsmobile Alero, Pontiac Grand Am, and 1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass built within the following VIN breakpoints:

1999 Pontiac Grand Am Vin # XC567634 through XC585563 and XM893151 through XM945549

Dear General Motors Customer:

As the owner of a 1999-2002 model year Chevrolet Malibu, Oldsmobile Alero, Pontiac Grand Am or 1999 model year Oldsmobile Cutlass, your satisfaction with our product is very important to us.

This letter is intended to make you aware that some 1999-2002 model year Chevrolet Malibu, Oldsmobile Alero, Pontiac Grand Am, or 1999 model year Oldsmobile Cutlass vehicles may have a condition where the turn signal/hazard warning flashers become inoperative.

This is not a recall. Do not take your vehicle to your GM dealer as a result of this letter unless you believe that your vehicle has the condition as described above.

What We Have Done General Motors is providing owners with additional protection for the turn signal/hazard warning flashers. If this condition occurs on your 1999-2000 model year Chevrolet Malibu, Oldsmobile Alero, Pontiac Grand Am or 1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass within 10 years of the date your vehicle was originally placed in service or 150,000 miles (240,000 km), whichever occurs first, the condition will be repaired for you at no charge .

What You Should Do Repairs and adjustments qualifying under this special coverage must be performed by a General Motors dealer. You may want to call the service department at your dealer to find out how long they will need to have your vehicle so that you may schedule the appointment at a time that is a convenient time for you. This will also allow your dealer to order parts if they are not already in stock. Keep this letter with your other important glovebox literature for future reference

Reply to
johnoz19

Thanks very much for the information. I was not aware of the GM letter to owners. I will check it out with a dealer on Monday.

Reply to
Bill Clark

Thanks again for the info. It turns out the service letter did not apply to me and the flasher wasn't bad. It was the turn signal switch itself. The entire column module (turn signal/wiper,etc) had to be replaced. Turn signals worked fine even though the switch and some of the wiring was fried. The only symptom was the continual clicking of the flasher.

Reply to
Bill Clark