2002 Taurus

Parked in a parking garage, very busy and noisy, under severe stress,in a family hospital situation, my sister returned to her car, after 2 hours, to find out her car was running, with the keys in her hand! Alarmed, she put the keys in the ignition, and turned the engine off. I tried all kinds of senerios, to make it happen, but couldn"t duplicate, the action... Any ideas?

The Ford dealership, Said, "Lady. never heard of such a thing, maybe somebody came in with a remote starter, and starter and started your car". He could care less! She is parking the car out side!

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Reply to
Andy & Carol

Well, I've never heard of it either. Maybe the ignition switch in the car is worn and with enough vibrations, it started the car??? I doubt it. Also, the car could have a remote starter already installed. Was the car bought new? Some people like to have remote start ad ons to OEM keyless entries. You'll have to look under the dash around the column to find out.

Reply to
ponchonutty