2006 jeep liberty help

My brothers air had not been working for some time. I decided to fix it for him. Installed new compresser, all new o rings and flushed the evaporator all lines and the condenser. Charge sticker said 1.12 oz. Using my home scale I got 1.2. Replaced dryer. However did not replace orfice tube as it is in the line and there is no way to replace it without replacing the whole line and no one had it in stock llocally and my brother needed to be abel to drive it to work.

I put 8 oz of oil in the system.

It now cools marginally. Using my harbor freight guages I am reading

70-75 on the low side and 300-350 on the high at 1500 rpm. Would could the problem be?

I appreciate it!

Reply to
stryped

gotta ask - after you flushed, did you evacuate? how long for?

Reply to
jim beam

I vacuumed for one hour. Stopped to see if it held and it did for half an hour then I charged.

Reply to
stryped

ok, should be good. the rest is outside my knowledge band.

Reply to
jim beam

Those pressures are way too high. A typical low side pressure at 90 F. ambient would be about 35 PSI which gives a evap. coil satutaration temp. of about 40. Your 75 PSI gives you a evap. coil temp. of about 72 which won't cool the air. You either have the system overcharged, have air in the system, the condenser fan isn't running, or?????

What also doesn't make sense is that the factory charge can't be only 1.12 "ounces". You need to read the tag again. Is it really 1.12 "pounds"? or more? If you had really only put 1.12 ounces in you would be showing really low pressures and no cooling whatsoever. I don't have a Chrysler shop manual for a 2006 Jeep Liberty to give the specs on the AC system. I suggest you go over to

and see if they can help.

Reply to
SRN

Sorry it should be pounds not ounces. Fan works. It actually cooled better the next day.

I am wondering if it is the harbor freight guages I am using?

Reply to
stryped

Is that 8 oz of oil in addition to more oil that was in the compressor?

Go here

for a good overview of what different pressures mean. There are at least two things that can cause your readings.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher