85 Mile Per Hour Speed Limit Seen on State Highway 130

My old van would probally blow up if I tried to get it goingthat fast.

Reply to
JR

Nah that dodge can handle it. I had an '82 with over 180k and it ran great except for reverse when it was cold.

Reply to
m6onz5a

I am scared to drive that fast anymore, my nerves just couldn't handle it.I f I got on those fast roads in Texas they would run over me. I like to stay on the slow poke back roads where I can drive 35 or 40 miles per hour.

Reply to
JR

.If I got on those fast roads in Texas they would run over me. I like to st ay on the slow poke back roads where I can drive 35 or 40 miles per hour.

Does the road had a minimum speed so you won't get a ticket for going too slow?

Reply to
m6onz5a

What do we care about speed limits in another country for anyway??

Reply to
ckozicki

Who's in another country??? I think you are. :)

Reply to
m6onz5a

Why are there speed limits? Aside from 'revenue enhancement' that is. Physics gives us limits already.

Reply to
AMuzi

I guess you want people going 65 in a residential neighborhood.

Reply to
m6onz5a

The belief system in the Republic of Texastan is so out of synch with that of the United States it may as well be its own sovereign nation!

More executions annually than in the 49 United States combined. Greenhouse-promoting 85mph speed limits, a president can't even roll down the street in Dallasalam without getting half his skull blown all over a public park! Shall I go on?

Reply to
ckozicki

I don't and that is not reasonable. Nor is running over a cyclist at a 'legal' 25mph using the well worn but effective "didn't see her".

We wouldn't need arbitrary numbers (20? 25? 30?) if there were strict liability. Which there isn't now.

Pick your poison, but this one is not all that great IMHO.

Reply to
AMuzi

What on earth makes you think a number on a sign prevents that?

Reply to
Brent

said

Please do!

Reply to
Homer.Simpson

The OP should go to Mass. where his life can be more regulated. "Don't Mess with Texas"!

Reply to
Bob Grimes

Me, go to Massatwobumps? No thanks.I prefer Unregulated. I live about 430 miles East of the Republic of Texas. The Stetson Hat was invented in my State. Heh, we taught those Texicans everything they know.

Reply to
JR

Bob Grimes said

I'm a Midwesterner - starting to long for the freedom and independence of Texas(ans).

Maybe I should move there *before* they secede - lest I become an illegal alien from the US. ;-o

Reply to
Homer.Simpson