88-91 C1500 Dash Replacement

I have a 91 C1500 Silverado and the upper dash has pretty much disintegrated from age and sun exposure. Have located a replacement dash assy. from a salvage yard. Anyone have experience or tips for replacement for years 88-91? Is this a weekend job, or better just to buy a dash mat and forget it? Thanks.

Reply to
Rob

I've wondered about swapping in a later model dash - would it physically fit? The mid 90's truck dash looks a lot nicer. (I have a 90 K1500 and the dash is fine, just ugly.)

Reply to
ray

The link below is a walkthrough with pictures of how to remove a dashboard from a Chevrolet Beretta. Not an exact answer to your question, but it will give you a general idea of what is inolved in removing a dash.

KC