'89 Cressida - Where does this connector go?

I'm putting my '89 Cressida back together, and unfortunately, the video I originally made of the pieces pre-disassembly is lost. I'm trying to verify where this particular connector goes. Brass, with 4 pink leads. Due to length and size it seems like it might go to the starter, but am not sure and the shop manual isn't helping.

Here's a link to a pic I took of it. Any assistance will be appreciated

Doc

Could be a grounding wire. Check Haynes or factory manual wiring diagram. You may find a book with wiring diagram at the library. Usually, color conventions are maintained. For example, all the other pink wires may go to a common type of location like battery or ground. Don't remember anymore, but had a loose wire perhaps black with white stripe and found all the other black with white stripe went to ground and then located a grounding bolt nearby. Seems unlikely that a cluster of wires like that would go to the starter. You've got a different model, but mine did have a cluster of wires like that under the battery tray that went to ground. Again, check a wiring diagram first to confirm general color usage.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

Ground wires, these bolt to the intake manifold.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Excellent, that confirms what a local Toyota service dept. also felt they were.

Thanks to both of you.

Reply to
Doc