90 Mazda 626 slow to start when cold

Got so much good advice from this group on another problem that I am coming back for more.

I have a 90 Mazda 626 LX. Recently replaced the rubber boot between the air filter and throtle body to cure rough idle & stalling. It has been running great. Now that the nights are dippping down to 40 degrees a new problem has appeared. After it sets outside all night it is slow to start in the morning. It cranks fine but won't start until I stop cranking and try again. The plugs looked okay not very long ago and the plug wires are about a year old. I am thinking of replacing the fuel filter but am wondering if this could be a symptom of any common failure.

Thanks in advance for any tips. Someday I may actually be able to contribute to the group but so far the topics exceed my knowledge and/or experience.

Reply to
wß