92 Taurus rolling idle

1992 Ford Taurus 3.0L V6 Auto 296,xxxKM

Car starts up good, after running for 5-10 seconds, starts to have a rolling idle, up and down, eventually stalling. I am pretty sure it is flooding itself out as I have to hold the throttle wide open to get it to restart. If I put it in gear, it will idle good and stay running, altho it will stumble and stall on acceleration when cold unless I feather the throttle. Less noticable when it is warm, but it still has the rolling idle.

I have not owned it since new, but am familiar with the history of it and as far as I can recall, nothing has ever been done outside regular oil and filter changes and tune ups. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance Brian

Reply to
Popeye