1994 ford ranger Idle Problem

I have 1994 ford rager that is having a problem it starts fine and every time it has 195000 miles on but if i do not keep my foot lightly on the gas it will run really ruff and die. If i drive it is fine but when coming to a stop if i do not run it through the gears and rev it to a stop it will start to die uppon giving it gas to keep it runing it will some times kinda of back fire but not a back fire more like it is trying to clean out an old 2 stroke motorcycle then runs fine. Some time if i dont not stop it from stalling it will take some time to start and have the rev it up and clean it out problem then run fine. I have Changed the ing. coils, spark plugs and cleaned the Idle air control. Need some help have to smog the truck and know it will not pass Please help!

Reply to
mxsport41

Have you put it on a code reader?

You might want to check the Mass Airflow sensor.

Reply to
Clay

wrote: 1994 ford ranger 195k miles

My truck starts fine but if I don't keep my foot lightly on the gas it will run rough and die. It drives fine but when coming to a stop it will start to die unless I rev it up to keep it running. Sometimes it kind of backfires, not a normal backfire: more like it is trying to clean out an old 2 stroke motorcycle, then it runs fine. Sometimes if I let it stall out it will take some time to restart. I have changed coils and plugs and cleaned the Idle Air Control. Please help! _______________________________________________________

It sounds like a bad IAC. My 92 Buick had the same symptoms. The IAC looked good, and I cleaned it and cleaned its seat in the throttle body. No help. So I bought a new IAC and installed it. It has run perfectly for a year so far.

Good luck.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan