'98 F-150 radio plug wire colors?

I just purchase this nice truck at auction and the after market radio had been removed. All I have is the two seperate wire bundles.

I purchases a OEM Ford radio that fits this truck. It takes the two L shaped connectors that were originally on the harness. To get a pair of these connectors, I salvaged them from a '92 Ford Taurus.

The connectors are exactly the same and the radio was identical, however the wire color codes are different from the F-150.

I managed to sort them out until I could get the radio to work but I have no back up power when the switch is turned off and I loose my clock and station settings.

When I pulled the Taurus radio out, I found an addition single wire connector between the two "L" connectors but can't find a corresponding wire in the F-150 harness. I originally thought that might be for a power antenna but now I wonder if it is for the back up power.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this truck or the radio connectors. I looked in the Haynes and Chiltons manuals at the auto parts store and neither had a diagram that included the radio. (I'm seriously disappointed about this lack of information in these once useful manuals. Bentley would have this and much more.)

Thanks,

Steve

Reply to
Steve

See if there is anything that will help you:

« Paul »

Thanks for the Link to Install Doctor.

It was most helpful and I have Bookmarked this link for future reference.

Steve

Reply to
Steve