99 Outback misfire P0303, P0304

Hi-I've been working on a 99 Subaru Outback. It shows P0303 and P0304 on the code reader. I changed the plugs and wires. The changed the ignition coil, which I thought would be a fix, but the light came back on after a couple weeks and it is the same codes. Any ideas? Thanks. Steve

Reply to
tilford97

these particular codes are cylinder misfire codes which could be caused by any number of things, not just the ignition system. faulty fuel injectors, o2 sensors, cat converters,valves,tcm's... i don't have much subaru experience, so i really couldn't tell you what most commonly goes wrong with these cars, but i hope i've given you an idea of some of the things that can set these codes

Reply to
dsguy