ATTN Cuhulin...and other movie fans

TCM tonight featuring movies that have no sound track whatsoever.

I think it's 10PM, one of my favorties: Fail Safe. A cold war movie taken from a cold war novel, and the same book "Dr. Strangelove" was made from!

Two different movies based on the same story.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Fail Safe movie is good.I think How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb is better.

has the movie script. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

They used to show it at midnight every Friday night at a local theater.

Fail Safe does not have Very Lynn singing "We'll meet again" at the end... ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

no sound track??????????

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Probably means (quote from a poster on IMDb).........

- This is a good movie - and there is a sense of immediacy to it because there are

- no special effects, funny lights, odd sound effects, there's no background music,

- nothing but what goes on. It's like watching a play in your own home.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

Er, I mean, no musical score! Ooops!

The ones with no sound track are run Sundays (Actually, Monday morning) at midnight!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I remember when I was about 13-14 they did (I think it was CBS) "Fail Safe Live", as it was written for the stage. Wanna talk realism?

They redid the Live version again just a few years ago (10? )

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B wrote in news:4c50c0e0$0$74750$ snipped-for-privacy@read01.usenetall.se:

Are you *sure* it's the same book? The stories are quite different and then there's this:

"Red Alert" for Dr. Strangelove and naturally "Fail Safe" for the other.

Reply to
chuckcar

The story clearly changes, but Fail Safe was directly based on the book of the same name, and Dr. Strangelove is in many ways a parody of that book.

Watch the two back to back for severe brain-twist.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote in news:i34uqo$qp7$ snipped-for-privacy@panix2.panix.com:

Have you *read* both *books*? Hollywood has a long history of changing stories to meet their competition at the box office among other reasons. I have doubts whether the master would do it, And they both came out in the exact same year.

I see your point, but you're challenging direct proof with logical argument. Show me a link that shows *your* point.

Reply to
chuckcar

Shoot, a fellow could have a good time in (Dallas) Los Vegas with all of this ~ Slim Pickens. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net:

Ok, fair enough. Nothing's that serious.

My favorite line *has* to be "Sgt. Bat Guana - *if* that's your real name" or possibly the very last one. "Mein Fueuer, I can walk!"

Mandrake talking to the idiot seargent that finally breaks down the door. is the situation of the first one for those foggy on the movie. I've seen it at least 4 times. Only laughed the first two unfortunately.

Reply to
chuckcar