BMW clutch hydrolic system bleeding

the clutch master and slave cylinders got replaced. Now I am trying to bleed the system to no avail. After 20 minutes of bleeding, there is no tension in clutch pedal. What am I doing wrong?

Air does not appear to be getting into the system and the brake fluid does come out from the system when bleeding it.

Reply to
SQ

You still have air in it, probably in a pocket somewhere. I had to use a syringe full of fluid and some silicon fuel hose (model airplane shop) on the nipple and back fill the master cylinder from the slave. Lots of small bubbles finally came up after maybe 8 ounces of fluid exchanged. Had to do it with the brakes once as well. Never had any luck with the vacuum bleeder as it sucked air in around the threads of the bleeder. Good luck.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

Posted many times before. Put the plastic tubing on the slave bleeder, get the other end up above the level of the master or actually in the resivoiur & it will bleed right out. Alternative 2, unbolt the slave, turn it so the bleeder is topmost with the actuating rod FULLY EXTENDED, gravity bleed it till you see no air. With the bleeder CLOSED, reinstall the slave, pushing the rod in as you go & your done.

Reply to
pater