Bye bye Car CD's

(remove) out-in-car-cd-players-us?sponsor=newsletter/12-volt-tech&b=2010#utm_source=12-volt-tech&utm_medium=enewsletter_ continue&utm_campaign=2011-04-07

bob

Reply to
bob urz

out-in-car-cd-players-us?sponsor=newsletter/12-volt-tech&b=2010#utm_source=12-volt-tech&utm_medium=enewsletter_

Your link, as written, doesnt work.. I suspect that it WILL if people copy the whole thing, remove (remove).

As far as CD players, it has always been this way from the shitteaux AM radio, to 8 track, to cassette, to CDs etc.

I have AM,. FM and satellite, plus CD.. that is about all I need.

Reply to
hls

"hls" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Or "bob" could some day learn to post unbroken URLs, like so...

As with most of the stuff "bob" posts, this is old news, even if the article itself is new. Publications sometimes print old or superfluous items as filler on slow days. I suspect this is one of them.

The iPod put paid to the CD, and one day something else will cashier the iPod. And so it goes.

Reply to
Tegger

out-in-car-cd-players-us?sponsor=newsletter/12-volt-tech&b=2010#utm_source=12-volt-tech&utm_medium=enewsletter_

Same. Works for me. I have an MP3 player in my phone, but all my cars have MP3/CD capability, and I have a cable that connects to the input on my radios. I can plug in the phone or the XM or any other device with a 3.5mm stereo jack.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I would if i could. posting through aioe only allows continuous links of a fixed amount of characters or it will not let you post if the link if its too long. It also kicks out as not allowed some URL shortening links. i only break up the links so it will post at all.

bob

Reply to
bob urz

Don't need no steenkin' iPud, I just plug a 16GB flash drive into my trucks USB port.

Reply to
Pete C.

My 1983 Dodge van I bought a few years ago has a Pioneer AM/FM/Cassette radio.I don't listen to radio when I am driving, makes me nervous.I am thinking I will remove the radio, somebody might want to bust a window just to steal my radio.In 1997 when I was in New Orleans, somebody did bust a window in another van I owned and stold my radio in that van. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I don't need either of those, still use 8-track and cassette tape. (Can play both in the same player with my Audiovox cassette adapter.)

Reply to
Roger Blake

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B wrote in news:whPnp.7851$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe20.iad:

We have a Victrola sitting in one half of the back seat. Daughter winds the crank every few miles to keep it going. This means she's good for more than just whining about how bored she is.

Reply to
Tegger

Aren't the 8 tracks getting awfully hissy after all this time?

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

"Hey, honey, wanna crank up Def Leppard for Daddy?"

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Bah, that's too high tech - I use an Edison cylinder phonograph for my in-car audio entertainment requirements. It's so old that it only plays "Mary Had A Little Lamb."

Reply to
dsi1

Put some old timey Music on that Victrola. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Surprisingly not, most have held up well. The most common problems with the cartridges are bad pressure pads and splices, both of which are easily fixed.

Reply to
Roger Blake

Put some gravel in the hubcaps.That will make some nice music. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I used to have an 8 track recorder back in the day. That was a LONG time ago...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I tried doing something like that, and hooked the cylinder up to a belt driven by the driveshaft. It either sounded like the Chipmunks of steroids, or I had everyone on the freeway swearing at me...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Dude, they're plastic now...

Reply to