Cadillac strut and shock replacement $$$$$$$$$ - What gives? Econmical solution?

I have a 1999 Deville and the front struts are bad (hard ride over rough roads), and the rear air shocks don't adjust higher with people in the back seat or a load in the trunk.

The shocks and struts are NOT the Electronic Road Sensing types.

I got prices of as high as $2200 from a local shop and $1600 from the nearest Cadillac dealer that is 50 miles away from me.

Is there a more economical solution? I doubt the car is worth putting that much money into.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

The rear shocks are air ride. The fronts may not be road sensing type but they are electrical. That is the price you pay for buying a caddy.

Reply to
jfrancis311