Car cover recommendations

I just got a new car which I will need to park outside for the time being. There are some trees over the area where the car will sit which deposit small drops of resin/sap on the car. I would like to use a car cover until I relocate in 3 months, at which time the car will be garaged. I have never bought/used a car cover, what are the pluses/minuses of using one (obviously I understand the PITA of having to install/remove the cover) and what type might be best for this situation? Location is Los Angeles.

TIA

David

Reply to
tzygkptr

Mold and yucky stuff likes the trapped water under the cover and will grow - and release acids that will etch the paint. The paint that is which isn't rubbed off the car by the cover when the wind blows over it and it flaps in the wind and rubs against the car.

Car covers are great if made out of a soft material like cotton that breathes, and are intended to keep dust off a car that is parked inside a garage for long periods.

You are probably better off finding a better parking spot. And make sure to wax the hell out of the car. Multiple coats of wax would not be a bad thing.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

I've used this on the Porsche, with no degradation to the paint:

mst