Car will not start - hypothetical - testing ICM in circuit.

Please take a look at this Honda/Rover ignition control module. If I were to connect a resistor and a LED in series pointing to pin 4 to see a pulse with the module connected, without destroying the module, what should the resistor value be? Here take a look. 23K first. 34K second, same pic.

Ricky Spartacus

didn't look at the pics but, use a standard test light. put the probe on the positive battery terminal and the negative lead on the negative wire at the coil. now crank it over, if the light flashes the ICM is good. still no spark? replace the coil. Chip

Reply to
Chip Stein

If the ICM in the picture allows 300 mA max then 12 divided by 0.3 = 40 ohms

R = E / I P = E * I

R = resistor value E = volts I = current P = Power rating needed for resistor (w)

The 30 mA LED would require a resistance value of 400-Ohms . Answer: Try

400-Ohms. Here's a calculator.

Indi

Reply to
Indian Summer