Chev/GM surpasses Honda quality

Times are changing in the car world. According to the latest JDPower surveys, both Malibu and Impala quality now far exceed that of Accord. While GM has made great advances in quuality products, Honda has not been able to return their quality once famed in the late 1990s.

Reply to
Master

Also note that JD Power has never been considered an unbiased source of anything.

Reply to
Jimmy

JD Power surveys are for cars anywhere from 90 days to at least 5 years old, but their 1-5 year surveys don't agree very well with those from Consumer Reports, Popular Mechanics, and, I was once told, Gelco Leasing's own fleet records.

Reply to
R. Anton Rave

Absolute nonsense. Honda is a company dominated by automotive engineers, while GM is a bureaucratic nightmare where business administration majors and marketing people look down upon anyone who's ever gotten grease under a fingernail. Also Honda vehicles have a very good track record for reliabilitly, while GM can't seem to build anything really well except for some large Buicks, and their new models tend to be quality disasters during their first few years. Honda quality hasn't actually dropped since the late 1990s but has actually improved, as has about everybody's, except maybe Damlier/Chrysler's. Not only that, but Honda builds a car in about

25% less time than GM does, despite building a larger variety of models per assembly line (many GM factories can still build only one model per line).
Reply to
R. Anton Rave

||Times are changing in the car world. According to the latest JDPower ||surveys, both Malibu and Impala quality now far exceed that of Accord. || While GM has made great advances in quuality products, Honda has not ||been able to return their quality once famed in the late 1990s.

If you take a good look at how JDP arrives at their numbers you will ,earn to ignore them. Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

GM owns SAAB and the current SAAB platforms are all GM. So same difference.

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez