comfortable riding midsize car

What do you call those bouncing cars?, as seen in Cheech & Chong movie.

Reply to
JR

Lowriders. The first time I saw one on the freeway in CA, with the front end driver's wheel off the pavement at speed, it scared the heck out of this gringo.

Reply to
dsi1

I reckon some people spend a lot of money rigging those Lowriders up.

Reply to
JR

I'd take a cruze on one of those things. They should sell tickets for a ride in LA. It would be kind of strange to see one of those filled with old-fart sight-seers.

Reply to
dsi1

I can see it might be needed if you were going to fill the trunk with sacks of cement (which I actually did once) or the back seat with a

500-pound occupant, but barring that it's just a stupid useless thing that runs your battery down when it malfunctions. Or, come to think of it, when it actually functions :-(
Reply to
The Real Bev

I think the batteries and some of the hydraulic stuff is usually located in the trunks of those Lowriders. They probally have heavy duty super duty al ternators to keep the batteries charged up too. I would get a hernia riding /bouncing around in those Lowriders.

Reply to
JR

It seemed like a good idea at the time. :-)

Reply to
dsi1