Cruise on 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cierra

Nice car, but every once in a while it will drop out of cruise on its own. Shutting it off and then back on will allow it to work properly for a while. Sometimes when it drops out of cruise and we shut the cruise off, and then on again, it will go right back to where it had been set before it dropped out. Any ideas? Electrical or air hose? TIA

Reply to
jettaman8691

|Nice car, but every once in a while it will drop out of cruise on its |own. Shutting it off and then back on will allow it to work properly |for a while. Sometimes when it drops out of cruise and we shut the |cruise off, and then on again, it will go right back to where it had |been set before it dropped out. Any ideas? Electrical or air hose?

If that's like the on that was on my 1992 Astro Van - all electronic as opposed to speedo-cable driven - that is an indicator that the CC module is going out. Mine did this to me twice, each time the module failed shortly afterwards. It's a black plastic device about the size of a tennis ball, mounts beside the vacuum servo. You can get a reman unit for $50.

Reply to
Rex B