dashboard lamps B8.5D versus BX8.5D ?

I refer to the twist-in types where you reach behind the instrument and twist the thing in and out (if you have small hands and gymnast body). I believed B8.5D was most common type, with a T5 wedge bulb in it. Nowadays it probably has a LED that is not removable. Anyway, I see some catalogues also list "BX8.5D" bulbs that are similar. What is the difference.

Reply to
Tony Eaks

You got me curious about this so I downloaded the OSRAM data sheets.

B8.5d, jet black, 1.17g, thickness of PCB 1.6mm. BX8.5d, light blue, 1.16g, thickness of PCB 1.25mm. All else is the same.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

thanks. OSRAM seem to be the only ones that give such details.

Reply to
Tony Eaks