Denmark slaps a 180 percent tax rate on cars.

According to Trish's Intel on Fox Business News on TV.

Reply to
JR

JR:

Stop watching Fox News and Business!! Watch real news outlets for cryin out loud. Roger Ailes is in the ENTERTAINMENT business, get it?

Reply to
thekmanrocks

So they make it incredibly, artificially expensive to own a car...so, natur ally, people drive the most worn-out, oldest pieces of junk they can still technically get on the road.

What could possibly go wrong? I guess modern cars with improved safety fea tures are only for rich people, in Denmark.

Even if they have some kind of inspection regime to keep the most dangerous of rickety junkheaps off the road, there doesn't seem to be much incentive for Danish drivers to upgrade. I mean things like ABS, airbags in multipl e directions, backup cameras, hoods designed to minimize pedestrian crash i njury, and all the other safety gadgets and geegaws that have become standa rd even in "ordinary Joe" level cars elsewhere.

Reply to
Jc Maxwell

urally, people drive the most worn-out, oldest pieces of junk they can stil l technically get on the road.

eatures are only for rich people, in Denmark.

us of rickety junkheaps off the road, there doesn't seem to be much incenti ve for Danish drivers to upgrade. I mean things like ABS, airbags in multi ple directions, backup cameras, hoods designed to minimize pedestrian crash injury, and all the other safety gadgets and geegaws that have become stan dard even in "ordinary Joe" level cars elsewhere.

Google,,, Denmark car dealers telegraph.co.uk says, Buying a car in Denmark: Even a banger cost a fortu ne.

Reply to
JR